September 7, 2014
Young Adults Ministry @ The Barn
- Join us at 10:30 for this morning’s worship gathering in The Barn. Pastor Dan will be starting a series called “Community,” where we will be focusing our attention on the essentials of Christian community. Today’s sermon will focus on devotion to biblical teaching.
- Meet Wednesday evening in the Corner House from 6:30-8 p.m. for Mid-Week Live where we will have a time of worship and discussion.
- Check out etbarn.org for more information regarding the activity of our young adult ministry.
ET Kids Ministry
- Today we begin a new 8-week series in Kids Church entitled "Ready or not...here He comes!" This series will discuss Old Testament stories that foreshadow the coming of Christ. Pastor Melia is preaching on Noah today.
Connect Youth Ministry
- TODAY - CALLING ALL PARENTS OF YOUTH: Make plans to attend the Connect Parent Summit immediately following the second service today. Lunch will be provided for your ENTIRE family. All of your children are welcome to attend the meeting with you. If you are a parent, come out and hear the vision of Connect Youth Ministries for the upcoming year. A time of Q & A will be provided, also, where your questions and input is desired.
- A youth Laser Tag event will be on Saturday, September 20. We will depart from The Barn at 1 p.m. and return to The Barn at 6 p.m. Cost of the event is $5
LAST CHANCE, LADIES -
- to sign up for our dinner taking place this Friday night at 6 p.m. at the Ramada Oasis Convention Center (2546 N. Glenstone Avenue)! Forty-five ladies have already signed up—are you one of them? It's going to be a phenomenal time with friends and hearing the story of Dr Lois Olena. For your convenience, you can pay the $10 cost at the event. Please let us know what meal you would like to eat by signing up in the foyer or Resource Center. See you there!
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income: $22,119
- Last week’s giving: $16,919
- Budget year to date: $774,165
- Giving received YTD: $678,221
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- Serving Time: 5:15—6:15 p.m. ET Fellowship Hall
- $4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family)
- Dinner: Taco Bar, Salad
- Dessert: Dump Cake
Hospitality Team Luncheon
- If you serve on E.T.’s hospitality team as either an usher, greeter, car parker, security team member, or resource center attendant, a special “working” lunch has been planned for you immediately following church next Sunday, September 14, in the Fellowship Hall. Please sign up at the Resource Center to help us secure an accurate head count for lunch. We look forward to meeting together as a team and learning from one another.
Small Group Ministry
- On September 15, 2014, we will be launching our small group ministry. The pastoral staff believe that as we grow larger on Sundays we want to get “smaller” during the week. The purpose and mission of ET's small group ministry is connecting people to a growing relationship with Jesus. Please sign up at the Resource Center if you are interested in joining a small group.
Mid-week Bible Study
- David Wright will be teaching the mid-week Bible study series entitled, “Finding Pleasure in God” (SEE INSERT). Spiritual activities can bring the Christian believer a tremendous amount of enjoyment. Live life fascinated and fulfilled. Our group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in room 203.
Son Seekers 55+
- Our event for this month will be held Friday, September 19, at the Civil War Cave in Ozark, MO. Cost is $10.95 per person for a fascinating and informative 1-hour tour. Please meet at the church at 11 a.m. where van transportation will be provided. We also will have lunch together. Please sign up at the Resource Center if you plan on joining us.
Church Work Day
- Save the date for an upcoming all-church workday on Saturday, September 27, from 8 a.m. to noon, with breakfast and lunch included. We need workers for both inside and outside work. More details will be forthcoming.
Pizza with the Pastors
- Are you new to E.T.? Do you like to eat delicious pizza and scrumptious dessert? If you answered "Yes" to both, then Pizza with the Pastors on September 28 from 12:15 - 2:00 is for you! A sign-up sheet can be found at the Resource Center, or you can contact pastor Jonathan directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come ring with us!
- Our new handbell season began last Wednesday with all our groups rehearsing. Kidz Chimez meets each Wednesday 5:45-6:20 in Room 204 for kids in grades 2 -5; no music experience required. Temple Bronze meets each Wednesday 5:46-6:25 in the mezzanine for students in grades 6-12; music reading skills helpful. Concert Bells also meet on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. in the mezzanine; membership is open to teens and adults who have basic music reading skills. If you’re looking for a real hands-on ministry, this could be your place!