October 19, 2014
E.T. 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Thank you to the 50th Anniversary Committee chaired by board member, Judy Rockafellow, and all E.T. attenders, staff, and music department for making last Sunday one of the greatest days in the 50-year life of E.T.
Missionary Christmas Offering
- Every year E.T. sends a special Christmas gift offering to each of the missionaries our church supports. In order for our missionaries to receive their gift offering in time for Christmas, we are suggesting you give a little extra today or next Sunday, above and beyond your tithe. Please earmark it “Missionary Christmas Gift.” Thank you for blessing our missionaries.
Young Adults Ministry @ The Barn
- Join us in The Barn at 10:30 for this morning’s worship gathering. We will have a special guest speaker—Reverend Dick Schroeder—National Chi Alpha mentoring/leadership director.
- Meet Wednesday evening in the Corner House from 6:30-8 p.m. for MidWeek Live where we will have a time of worship and discussion. This week we will begin a 4-week series discussing relationships.
ET Kids Ministry
- Pastor Melia is currently preaching an 8-week series in Kids Church entitled "Ready or Not . . . Here He Comes!" This series looks at Old Testament stories that foreshadow the coming of Christ. Today's sermon is on David.
Connect Youth Ministry
- Join the youth this Wednesday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in The Barn as Pastor Christopher continues “The Truth” sermon series and will be preaching on "True Joy."
- Youth Bonfire will be Saturday, November 1. We will meet at the Brick House at 4:30 and return at 9:30.
CONNECT Capital Campaign Meetings
- The first of several identically-formatted CONNECT meetings will be held this Wednesday, October 22. Other CONNECT meeting dates will be October 29, November 5 and 12, and November 19 (if needed). Whether you have attended E.T. for decades or just days, we would like for you to choose a Wednesday night to join us as we discuss the possibility of bringing to fruition the dream of building a Family Life Center (FLC). “Interest Centers” addressing finances, facilities, timing, purpose, and vision will be set up each of these Wednesday nights to receive your questions and input. Please come for any amount of time that fits into your schedule. We will begin at 5 p.m. and end no later than 8 p.m. The CONNECT meeting will be held near the Fellowship Hall upstairs. Your ideas, questions, and input are needed and valued!
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income: $22,119
- Last week’s giving: $23,528
- Budget year to date: $906,879
- Giving received YTD: $823,663
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- Serving Time: 5:15—6:15 p.m. E.T. Fellowship Hall/$4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family)
- Dinner: Stroganoff, Green Beans, Salad
- Dessert: Bread Pudding
Mid-week Bible Study
- Join us for our current mid-week Bible study series entitled, “Contemporary Lessons from Ancient Kings.” Our group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in room 203.
Membership Connection Class
- This class will be held this Wednesday, October 22, at 6:30 p.m. in the conference room of the church office building. This class is for all those who have given serious thought and prayer about taking the next step in their affiliation with the E.T. family and want to know more about what it means to be a member. Please sign up at the Resource Center, e-mail pastor Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the church office at 883-0676, if interested.
Evangel University Auxiliary Pecan Sales
- Once again this year the EU Auxiliary is selling delicious Georgia pecans to raise money for scholarships and other worthy projects on campus. Place your order at the Resource Center by TODAY, and your pecans will arrive in time for your holiday baking (mid November). You can pay when you pick up your order. Choices include halves, pieces, chocolate covered, and cinnamon glazed. If you have questions, feel free to contact Linda Neale at 887-5342.
Son Seekers 55+
- Join us this Friday, October 24, for a day trip to Branson stopping first at McFarlain’s Family Restaurant for lunch (with a menu selection of three choices) and concluding with a 1:00 p.m. show at the I-Max Theatre to watch “Jerusalem.” Departure will be from the church at 10:45 a.m. The cost for a dinner/show will be $15.25, including tax. Please sign up at the Resource Center.
Place Your Order Soon
- We are pleased to announce, once again, that the Royal Ranger ministry will be holding their fundraiser on November 2 and smoking a variety of meat choices. Place your order ASAP using the order form in the bulletin. Drop your form off in the offering plate or at the Resource Center. Your pork loin, beef roast, or spare rib order will be ready for pick up at noon on November 2. Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity. It’s a delicious way to bless the Royal Ranger’s ministry.
- Gordon and Carol Falconer will celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniversary this Thursday, October 23. A Come n’ Go Anniversary Celebration, hosted by the Falconer family, will be held on November 8, Saturday, from 2 to 4 p.m. in E.T.’s Fellowship Hall. Please come out and help Gordon and Carol celebrate this momentous occasion.
Choir Members Needed
- Have you ever listened to E.T.’s choir and thought you might like to be a part of this wonderful ministry arm of the church? You do not need to try out or audition to be in the choir. To join, just come out to the Wednesday night 6:30 to 8 p.m. practice and lend your voice. You don’t need to be a professional singer to be a part of the choir. They are looking for willing vessels. This is also a great way to make friends and get to know others better within the church. See you Wednesday!
Embassy of Hope/Inner City Outreach 6th annual Luke 3:11 Coat Drive
- We are once again collecting good coats, hats, gloves, and scarfs for the “least of these” among our Springfield community. We will begin collecting these items immediately. Bring your items either to E.T. and hang/place all items on the coat rack in the West hallway (designate for ICO) or bring your items (ANY FRIDAY MORNING) to Embassy of Hope, 1316 West Webster Street. For further information contact David Sims at 417.773.4103.