June 28, 2015
FOURTH OF JULY PICNIC TODAY
- Immediately following the second service, at the Pavilion and Corner House lawn.
- Meal prices: $4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family); $2 (College Students)
- Menu: Fried Chicken, Potato Salad, Fruit Salad, Carrots/Broccoli, Rolls, Frozen Desserts
TONIGHT - June 28th
- Royal Rangers Council of Achievement Ceremony at 6 pm in The Barn. Our young men will be receiving awards, with a reception immediately following. A special thank you to Dwight Sheets and his family for being involved in Royal Rangers and various ministries at Evangel Temple will be given this evening. The Sheets family are moving to Oregon and will be greatly missed. A card basket will be available.
Young Adults Ministry @ the Barn
- Today in The Barn, Pastor Dan will preach week four of the sermon series “Living in Light of Eternity.” Today's message, “Enemies of God,” from James 4, discusses how internal conflict can lead to external conflict and explains how friendship with Jesus guides you away from worldliness.
ET Kids Ministry
- Today is Family Sunday! Kids Church at 10:30 am is dismissed so kids can worship with their parents in the sanctuary.
- As a way for moms and kids to connect over the summer, we are having multiple Picnics in the Park that takes place every Tuesday at Noon through June and July. Join us this Tuesday at Dan Kinney Park located off Blackman Road.
- Wednesday Nights in July – Girls Ministries and Royal Rangers are dismissed during July, but alternative activities are available for your kids! Special programs for preschool kids (pods area) and elementary kids (Kids Church room) will take place from 6:30-8pm.
- Save the Date for some fun events! Hangout at Glow-golf on July 20 from 1-3pm ($5 per child under age 4 and $7 per child age 5-12). Pool party in the Green Meadows Pool on July 29 from 6-8 pm (free).
Mid-week Bible Study
- Please join us for our mid-week Bible study. This group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm in room 203. Isaiah Jesch will be leading the study on the book of Colossians.
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income $21,934
- Last week’s giving $16,208
- Budgeted Year to Date $548,350
- Giving Received $513,423
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- No meals will be served on Wednesday night for the month of July. Meals will resume August 5.
Summer Pops with Handbells!
- Join us tomorrow, Monday, at 7 pm, for our annual summer concert with the Handbell Choirs of Evangel Temple. The repertoire includes some of our favorite pieces from Disney, Broadway, movies, and radio presented by our children, teen and adult groups. Our guest ensemble for the evening will be the Springfield Ringers, a community handbell choir directed by Kathy Harrison. The group includes ringers from ET, as well as several other Springfield area churches. Admission is free, so bring your friends and neighbors.
Interested in Foster Care?
- An informational meeting will be held July 13 at 6:00 pm, at the Library Center, 4653 S. Campbell Avenue in the auditorium. RSVP to Renae at 417.895.7854.
Monthly Sunday Night Prayer
- The first Sunday of each month we are gathering to meet God in prayer. You are encouraged to come no matter what your prayer experience has been. Sunday, July 5, 6:00 pm in The Barn.
Pool Parking Lot
- Thank you for not using the Green Meadow pool parking lot during service times throughout the summer months.
- Every Sunday morning, Bible study and small groups meet at 9 am in the Farm House.
- ET Youth has Wednesday night services from 6:30-8 at The Barn.
- Tailgate and Baseball Wednesday, July 1, the youth will be having a tailgate party and going to a youth baseball game. The party will begin at 5:30 pm at the Farm House and includes hotdogs, hamburgers, chips, and drinks. Church vans will leave at 6:30 and head to Ewing Baseball Complex to watch a baseball game consisting of several ET Youth members. We will return to the Farm House by 8:30.
- Hot Summer Nights Every Sunday night in July the youth are invited to a night of fun and games. Hot Summer Nights are from 6-8 pm at the Farmhouse. The first HSN on July 5 will be “Capture the Flag with a Water Twist.” Wear dark clothes, tennis shoes, and bring a water gun if you have one.
- Parents Night Out for Fine Arts Thank you to all who supported our youth during Friday’s Parents Night Out. The youth going to National Fine Arts in August will host another fundraiser on July 17 from 6 pm-9:30. If you have a child ages 0-5th grade, let the Fine Arts Students and parents entertain your kids while you enjoy some quality time. We will offer fun games, crafts, and snacks in a safe environment. The cost is $10 for the first child and $5 for additional children in your family. Families will not pay more than $20.