Evangel Temple News
July 27, 2014
Young Adults Ministry @ The Barn
- Pastor Dan will be sharing in the Barn at the 10:30 a.m. worship gathering. He will be sharing the final sermon of the three-part series “On the Road to Emmaus.” This series will challenge us to see how the Old Testament points us to the person of Jesus Christ. Today's sermon is titled “My God, Have You Forsaken Me?”
- Meet Wednesday evening in the Corner House from 6:30-8:00 p.m. for Mid-Week Live where we will have a summer barbecue.
- Next week - August 3: We will have special guest speakers who share what it means to endure suffering for the cause of Christ. You will not want to miss this gathering.
ET Kids Ministry
- Today's sermon centers around our “Tough Questions” series entitled, “How Do I Deal with Divorce In My Family?”
- Join us this Wednesday night for the last night of Music Camp with Kathy Harrison in the Kids Church room for K-5th grade. Preschoolers will have their own activities in the pods.
- Girls Ministries and Royal Rangers will reconvene August 6 for registration and a time to meet the sponsors.
Connect Youth Ministry
- Pastor Christopher is traveling with six of our youth to Columbus, OH, July 27 through August 3. These six young people will participate in the Fine Arts competition. Please be in prayer for these students this coming week.
- During Pastor Christopher and Emily's absence, this Wednesday evening's Connect service for 6th-12th grade starting at 6:30 p.m. will be led by the Connect Adult Leadership team.
- Save the Date for August 6 - “Graduation Wednesday.” This is the official night students going into 6th grade join Connect Youth. Come out and celebrate from 6 to 8 p.m.
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- No meals will be served on Wednesday night for the month of July. Meals will resume on August 6.
- We'd liked to extend a big welcome to the newest members of our E.T. family. We are delighted to have Beverly Ayers, Jessica Ayers, Terry Owen, and Jason & Regina Tracy join us, and we are appreciative of their commitment to this church.
Assemblies of God Centennial Celebration
- The AG Centennial Celebration, to be held August 5-10 in Springfield at the JQ Arena, is a once-in-a-lifetime week of events celebrating the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Assemblies of God. Events will feature workshops, musical guests, and dynamic speakers from around the world. If you desire to be a part of all scheduled events during the week, there is a registration fee. However, all night sessions are open to the general public. If you would like to register for this event, view the week's schedule, or read of other details, please refer to the http://www.100.ag.org website for more details.
- We have planned a very special morning two weeks from today, August 10, for both morning worship hours. In light of the AG Centennial Celebration and the many special international dignitaries that are visiting our city, we will be privileged to have three special visitors in the pulpit that Sunday. More detailed information will be forthcoming over the next two weeks; however, please come out and hear our brothers from Jordan (Dikran Salbashian, general superintendent), Italy (Antonio Loria, general superintendent), and India (Ivan Satyavrata, senior pastor of the Assembly of God church in Kolkata). You will be challenged by these gentleman as they share both spiritual victories and spiritual challenges from each of the countries they represent.
Mid-week Bible Study
- Join us every Wednesday as we encounter God through His Word. Randy Brown will teach through mid-August. You will leave encouraged and challenged. Our group meets at 6:30 p.m. in room 203.
Evangel Temple's 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Plans are well under way for our October 12, 2014, (the weekend of Evangel University's homecoming) celebration commemorating the 50th Anniversary of E.T. David Rees-Thomas will be returning to Springfield to speak in both morning services. Several other exciting events are being planned for that day. Please share this news with your friends and family. Help us get the word out to all those who have attended E.T. through the years, as this will be a wonderful day of celebration together as an E.T. family, both past and present.
- The leadership of E.T. has recently retained AG Financial Solutions to direct a 3-year Capital Campaign in order to raise funds for a new Family Life Center. The church board desires to build this facility without permanently increasing our current debt. Watch for more information in the near future.