November 16, 2014
Young Adults Ministry @ The Barn
- Join us in The Barn at 10:30 for this morning's worship gathering. Dr. Stephanie Nance will be speaking from Jeremiah 12:1–6. Her sermon is titled “Running with the Horses.”
- This Wednesday's MidWeek Live will continue our series on Relationships. This week's discussion will focus on how we relate to material possessions.
ET Kids Ministry
- Pastor Melia is preaching a sermon series in Kids Church entitled “The Gratitude Challenge.” The kids are being challenged to keep track of one thing they are grateful to God for each day during November. Today's sermon is entitled, "Gratitude Takes Us to a Higher Altitude."
- Our next Family Service is on November 30. Kids Church (K-5th) at 10:30 a.m. is dismissed so that families can worship together in the contemporary service in the sanctuary.
Connect Youth Ministry
- Join the youth this Wednesday, November 19, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in The Barn as Pastor Christopher continues November's Gratitude Challenge.
- Youth Convention will be this Friday and Saturday, November 21-22. The cost is $65. To register, please e-mail Pastor Christopher at email@example.com. The Convention will be held at the James River West campus. There also will be a lock-in the night of November 21 back at E.T. Breakfast and lunch will be provided on November 22.
- The Youth Christmas Party will be held Friday, December 12, at the Youth House from 6-9 p.m. More details to follow in the upcoming weeks.
Tithe Offering Envelopes
- Personalized tithe envelopes will be printed soon. Please let Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org know if you no longer need pre-printed envelopes. As well, if you are not currently using a personalized tithe envelope and would like a 2015 set, please let us know.
Missionary Christmas Offering
- It's not too late to give an offering to bless the missionaries this Christmas that we support at E.T. Giving just a little, above and beyond your tithe, will help make their Christmas extra special. Please earmark it “Missionary Christmas Gift.”
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income $22,119
- Last week's giving $18,952
- Budget year to date $995,355
- Giving received YTD $899,409
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- Serving Time: 5:15-6:15 p.m. E.T. Fellowship Hall/$4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family)
- Dinner: Taco Bar, Rice, Layered Bean Dip
- Dessert: Cinnamon Crispies
Mid-week Bible Study
- Join us for our current mid-week Bible study series entitled, “Contemporary Lessons from Ancient Kings.” We will gain valuable insights from Old Testament kings and seek to understand how we can apply these to our lives today. Our group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in room 203.
PECANS ARE HERE
- Evangel University Auxiliary pecans have arrived! If you ordered pecans, please pay for them and pick them up at the Resource Center in the west hall TODAY! If you are writing a check, please make it out to EUA or EU Auxiliary. Thank you for your order!
CONNECT Capital Campaign Meetings
- Please join us for a CONNECT meeting this Wednesday, November 19, from 6 to 7 p.m. in Room 201. This will be your FINAL chance to attend a CONNECT meeting. Listen to a short presentation on the possibility of building a Family Life Center and then spend a few minutes at “Interest Centers” addressing finances, facilities, timing, and mission. Your thoughts and input are needed and valued!
12-Hour Prayer Vigil
- We are excited to announce our upcoming November 22 “50-Year Jubilee Prayer and Thanksgiving Vigil” to be held from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Come to The Barn sanctuary for any period of time that fits your schedule during the day. Please refer to the prayer vigil schedule insert for more information.
Save the Date, LADIES!
- Our annual Christmas Party will be here before you know it, so be sure to block out time in your busy holiday schedule to attend this intergenerational event! Mark your calendars for Thursday, December 11, at 7 p.m.
E.T. Campus Improvements
- Check it out! The Luster House (Youth House) is now handicap accessible. Thank you to Pat Bogle, Ken Neale, Vance Free, and others who made it possible.
Embassy of Hope/Inner City Outreach 6th annual Luke 3:11 Coat Drive
- We are once again collecting good coats, hats, gloves, and scarfs for the “least of these” among our Springfield community. We will begin collecting these items immediately. Bring your items either to E.T. and hang/place all items on the coat rack in the West hallway (designate for ICO) or bring your items (ANY FRIDAY MORNING) to Embassy of Hope, 1316 West Webster Street. For further information contact David Sims at 417.773.4103