September 28, 2014
Young Adults Ministry @ The Barn
- Join us in The Barn at 10:30 for this morning’s worship gathering. Pastor Dan will be preaching the final sermon in the series “Community,” where we will be focusing our attention on the essentials of Christian community. Today’s sermon from John 17 will focus on prayer.
- Meet Wednesday evening in the Corner House from 6:30-8 p.m. for MidWeek Live where we will have a time of worship and prayer.
ET Kids Ministry
- Pastor Melia is currently preaching an 8-week series in Kids Church entitled "Ready or Not . . . Here He Comes!" This series looks at Old Testament stories that foreshadow the coming of Christ. Today's sermon is on Moses.
Connect Youth Ministry
- Join Wednesday’s youth service, October 1, at The Barn, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Pastor Christopher will be preaching "The Human Right: Abandon.”
- Join us for Sunday school at 9 a.m. in the Youth House. Students are currently going through the book, “Overflow” as they learn about generosity and stewardship.
CONNECT Capital Campaign Prayer Cord
- Have you been participating in E.T.'s Prayer Cord taking place every Sunday night, 9-9:15 p.m.? Our 15-minute prayer time started September 14 and will go through November 23. During these 11 weeks of prayer, in the privacy of your own home, we are asking you to pray for three main things: 1) Pray for Pastor Charlie & his wife, Lil. 2) Pray for E.T.'s CONNECT Capital Campaign. 3) Pray for upcoming CONNECT meetings where you will be encouraged to attend one meeting to reconnect to what has already been accomplished, approved, and discussed over the past decades, to connect to where we stand currently with our Family Life Center (FLC), and to connect and exchange ideas with one another on dreams and hopes we have on how we can better reach souls for Christ when we have an FLC in place. There is a Prayer Cord sign-up sheet and a reminder card located at the Resource Center. Please join us to CONNECT with God and others at this weekly designated time. Debbie Moses & Gladys Reynolds, CONNECT Capital Campaign Prayer Co-directors
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income $ 22,119
- Last week’s giving $ 23,386
- Budget year to date $840,522
- Giving received YTD $746,097
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- Serving Time: 5:15—6:15 p.m. E.T. Fellowship Hall/$4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family)
- Dinner: Spaghetti & SaladDessert: Lemon Bars
CONNECT Capital Campaign Meetings
- Four to five identically-formatted CONNECT meetings will be held October 22, 29, November 5, 12, and November 19 (if needed). Those of you who have been long-time attenders of E.T., more than likely, have attended a meeting of this type one time or another over the past years. Whether you have attended E.T. for decades or just days, we would like for you to choose one Wednesday night to join us as we discuss the possibility of bringing to fruition the dream of building a Family Life Center. We will begin at 5 p.m. and end no later than 8 p.m. The CONNECT meeting will be held in a room near the Fellowship Hall upstairs. Come for any amount of time that fits into your schedule to receive input, updates and, most importantly, come prepared with your questions and ideas. Your attendance is valued.
Mid-week Bible Study
- In connection with E.T.’s 50th anniversary we will be honored to have special guest, David Rees-Thomas, on October 8. He pastored E.T. from 1970-1977 and is the oldest living pastor of E.T. We encourage as many people as possible to attend this special evening. Please join us at 6:30 p.m. in room 203.
EPIC FALL FEST
- The changing of the seasons is a great excuse to connect as a church family and with others who may not be a part of one! We're taking church beyond our four walls to Campbell's Farm on October 15 at 6 p.m. for bonfires, corn mazes, hayrides, pony rides, and more! The cost is $5 per family, but any guests you bring are free. All ages are encouraged to attend (Connect Youth, Royal Rangers, and Girls Ministries is dismissed that evening).
Come ring with us
- There is still time to join a handbell choir. Concert Bells has moved rehearsal to 8 p.m. each Wednesday, so you can join us in the mezzanine after your Wednesday activity. Teens and adults ring in this group. Temple Bronze is open to students in grades 6-12 and meets each Wednesday at 5:45 pm in the mezzanine. Kidz Chimez is open to students in grades 2-5 and meets at 5:45 each Wednesday in Room 204. We would love to have you join us!
Prayer/Praises of E.T. Family & Friends
- The men of E.T., led by Dan Rockafellow, meet every Tuesday, 6:30 a.m. in the Corner House. Following the men’s prayer time, they also go to McDonald’s for a time of fellowship. The ladies, led by Debbie Moses, meet at 9:30 a.m. in room 206 on Tuesdays. During those times, prayer requests from the E.T. congregation are made. Please call the church office or complete a prayer card when you have a praise or request. A weekly updated list will be made available to both the Tuesday men & women's groups & to the E.T. office. If you are interested in receiving the updated list, please send your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Field Elementary Cares" Rummage Sale
- This upcoming Saturday, October 4, from 8 a.m. until noon, please come out and support the “Field Elementary Cares” effort. E.T. has ministered over the past many years as participants in the school’s backpack program, providing food to children in need. All proceeds from this sale will assist families in need of clothes, food, and everyday household items. If you have any items you would like to donate, please feel free to drop those items off at the main Field Elementary entrance on Luster Road starting tomorrow through Friday.