October 26, 2014
Missionary Christmas Offering: Every year E.T. sends a special Christmas gift offering to each of the missionaries our church supports. In order for our missionaries to receive their gift offering in time for Christmas, we are suggesting you give a little extra today, above and beyond your tithe. Please earmark it 'Missionary Christmas Gift.' Thank you for blessing our missionaries.
Young Adults Ministry @ The Barn
- Join us in The Barn at 10:30 for this morning's worship gathering. Pastor Dan will be continuing his sermon series 'Secrets of the Kingdom.' Today's message, 'We are Family,' will take a look at the story commonly known as 'The Prodigal Son."
- Meet Wednesday evening in the Corner House from 6:30-8 p.m. for MidWeek Live where we will have a time of worship and discussion. This week we will continue our series discussing relationships.
- Students and Young Adults, are you not going home for Thanksgiving? Need a place to eat? Sign up to have Thanksgiving dinner with a family from Evangel Temple. Sign-up sheets are available in the lobby.
ET Kids Ministry
- Pastor Melia is currently preaching an 8-week series in Kids Church entitled "Ready or Not... Here He Comes!" This series looks at Old Testament stories that foreshadow the coming of Christ. Today's sermon is on Solomon.
- Congratulations to our JBQ (Junior Bible Quiz) teams who had their first sectional "meet" on Saturday. Our teams won most of the quizzing rounds they participated in and are striving diligently to study and memorize the Word of God! We appreciate the leadership of the Braithwaites, Kocians, and Hoels, as well as the efforts of the children (Savannah Birdsell, Kambria Braithwaite, Kosette Braithwaite, Emma DiStaulo, Parker Hoel, Maquire Kelly, Talan Kocian, and Justin Kroh).
Connect Youth Ministry
- Join the youth this Wednesday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in The Barn as Pastor Christopher will preach on 'True Purpose' as the youth finish the series 'The Truth.'
- All high school girls are invited to Movie and Munchies today after church in the youth house. Lunch will be provided.
- Don't miss out on the all-youth bonfire to be held this upcoming Saturday, November 1. We will leave from the church at 3:30 p.m. and return at 9:30 p.m.
- Youth Convention will be November 21-22. The cost is $55 before November 7 and $65 after. To register, please e-mail Pastor Christopher at email@example.com. The Convention will be held at the James River West campus. There also will be a lock-in the night of November 21 back at E.T. Breakfast and lunch will be provided on November 22. Further details to follow.
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- Serving Time: 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- E.T. Fellowship Hall/$4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family)
- Dinner: Potato Bar, Salad
- Dessert: Strawberry Shortcake
Mid-week Bible Study
- Join us for our current mid-week Bible study series entitled, 'Contemporary Lessons from Ancient Kings.' We will gain valuable insights from Old Testament kings and seek to understand how we can apply these to our lives today. Our group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in room 203.
CONNECT Capital Campaign Meetings
- Please join us for a CONNECT meeting this Wednesday, October 29, from 6 to 7 p.m. in Room 201. If you can't make it this Wednesday, there will be more to follow on November 5 and 12 (and November 19, if needed). Join us as we discuss the possibility of bringing to fruition the dream of building a Family Life Center (FLC). 'Interest Centers' addressing finances, facilities, timing, and mission will be set up each Wednesday night to receive your input and questions. Your thoughts and input are needed and valued!
Place Your Order Soon
- We are pleased to announce, once again, that the Royal Ranger ministry will be holding their fundraiser next Sunday, November 2, and smoking a variety of meat choices. Order deadline is TODAY. Please use the order form in the bulletin. Drop your completed form in the offering plate or at the Resource Center. Your pork loin, beef roast, or spare rib order will be ready for pick up at noon on November 2. Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity. It's a delicious way to bless the Royal Ranger's ministry.
- If you have a child, or children, from 2-6th grade interested in singing for this year's Christmas musical presentation to be performed December 7, rehearsals will be held on Tuesdays from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in the choir room. The first rehearsal is this Tuesday, October 28. The choir will be lead by Val Wieneke (REFER TO INSERT), a retired music teacher with 20 years of experience in public schools for grades K-6.
RFKC Trivia Night
- Enjoy an evening of fun, competition and scrumptious food at the 4th annual RFKC trivia night. "Traveling Trivia and Tasty Temptations" will be held on Friday, November 14, 6 p.m., in the E.T. Fellowship Hall. All proceeds benefit Royal Family Kids Camp. Cost is just $20 per person and $10 for teenagers and college students. See Jerry Adams or Debbie Moses for ticket information.
Embassy of Hope/Inner City Outreach 6th annual Luke 3:11 Coat Drive
- We are once again collecting good coats, hats, gloves, and scarfs for the 'least of these' among our Springfield community. We will begin collecting these items immediately. Bring your items either to E.T. and hang/place all items on the coat rack in the West hallway (designate for ICO) or bring your items (ANY FRIDAY MORNING) to Embassy of Hope, 1316 West Webster Street. For further information contact David Sims at 417.773.4103.
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income: $22,119
- Last week's giving: $14,314
- Budget year to date: $928,998
- Giving received YTD: $837,997