December 21, 2014
CHRISTMAS EVE CANDLELIGHT COMMUNION SERVICE
WEDNESDAY EVENING 5-6 P.M.
This will be a family service filed with Christmas carols, and the story of Christ's birth. We invite you to join in this celebration of worship and open communion as we focus on our Lord and Savior. (It is strongly recommended that you arrive early for seating.)
Young Adults Ministry @ The Barn
- The college and young adult community of Evangel Temple will be joining the congregation in the Battlefield Sanctuary this morning, as we celebrate Jesus Christ as the Prince of Peace. We look forward to joining everyone in the Battlefield Sanctuary as we recognize “Jesus as the Name Above All Names.”
- Next Sunday, the young adults will have a time of worship and fellowship, where we will worship the Lord in song. We will enjoy breakfast immediately following our time of worship.
ET Kids Ministry
- Parents, Advent season is a wonderful time to worship together as a family. We encourage you to do just that during this special time. Today, there will be identical Kids Church (K-5th) services available at 9 and 10:30 a.m. so that you may choose whichever service you'd like to attend as a family in the sanctuary. December 28: No ministries available for K-5 grade. Please choose a service to attend as a family in the sanctuary.
- Nursery and Preschool Ministries available during both services on all Sundays.
Connect Youth Ministry
- A time of fellowship and Bible study is held every Sunday at 9am, in the Brick House.
- Next Wednesday the Youth will attend the Christmas Eve service in the Battlefield Sanctuary.
- Youth Winter Retreat will take place on January 16-18 at Windermere Retreat Center. Cost for retreat is $75, payment due by Wednesday, January 14.
Mid-week Bible Study
- dismissed this week and next. Enjoy Christmas and New Years evening with your family and friends.
Pastor's Christmas Offering
- On behalf of the pastoral staff, I would like to express appreciation for your generous Christmas offering. Thank you for your expressions of love and May God richly add His blessings to your life at this Advent season.
December 24th and 31st Wednesday evening meals are dismissed.
- A BIG thank you for the 88 gifts that were given to our Inner City Embassy of Hope Campus children. They were distributed yesterday.
- As the New Year approaches we would like to present you with an opportunity to become involved in the hospitality ministry! We are in need of two volunteers to help cover the Resource Center during the second service. This will be only ONE Sunday a month. If you are interested please contact Judy Rockafellow or the church office. There is another opportunity for a volunteer on Wednesday evenings. This could be as little as once a month or as much as every Wednesday evening. Thank you for considering this important ministry!
Numbered Tithe Envelopes
- Available today at the Resource Center. If you do not currently have a set of envelopes, but would like to, please call the church office, 883.0676.
End of Year Giving
- Please be mindful that 2014 contributions must be in the office by 1pm on Wednesday, December 31 or postmarked by December 31 to meet the 2014 deadline for tax credit.
During Christmas Week
- The office is open Monday and Tuesday, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. If you are dropping off year-end offerings. Last minute giving can also be done online at www.etchurch.org. Thank you for your faithfulness in giving.
- Dec. 24 Christmas Eve communion Service 5-6pm
- Dec. 25 Merry Christmas! All evening activities dismissed. Church office is closed Dec. 25-26.
- Dec. 28 Family Emphasis Service
- Dec. 31 Small group / class New Year's Eve events
- Jan. 1 Happy New Year! Church office is closed and evening activities are dismissed.
- Dec. 4 New Member Sunday
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income $22,119
- Last week's giving $33,040
- Budget year to date $1,105,950
- Giving received YTD $ 1,021.373