April 19, 2015
Young Adults Ministry @ the Barn
- Young adults are welcome to join the 10:30 worship gathering in The Barn, where Pastor Dan will continue the Easter Season series “Living the Resurrection Life.” Today’s sermon, “Patience with God in the Resurrection Life,” guides listeners in recognizing that God ultimately keeps his promises, even when things don’t turn out as expected.
- Join us on Wednesday for Mid-Week Live, in the Corner House at 6:30 pm.
ET Kids Ministry
- Today we are currently in a series that will correspond with what the adults are studying. This series will focus on the events directly following the resurrection and what that means for us today.
- Kids Choir - For kids in grades 2 -5, under the direction of Val Wieneke, will take place on Tuesdays beginning on April 14 at 4:30 in the choir room, it’s not too late to join.
ET Youth Ministry
- ET Youth has Wednesday night services every Wednesday from 6:30-8 at The Barn. Through the end of the school year, students will be going through the series #WeWORSHIP, where we will train on how and when to worship God.
- Every Sunday morning, Bible study and small groups meet at 9 am in the Youth House.
Mid-week Bible Study
- Please join us for our Mid‐Week Bible study! Our current series is titled, “Tough Questions” and addresses difficult issues all Christians face. Our first topic concerns suffering. Our group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm in room 203 and taught by Pastor David Wright.
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income: $21,934
- Last week’s giving: $25,400
- Budgeted Year to Date: $329,010
- Giving Received: $316,964
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- Serving Time: 5:15—6:15 pm E.T. Fellowship Hall/$4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family)
- Dinner: Bacon, Eggs, Potatoes, Salad
- Dessert: Strawberry Shortcake
- Join us April 26 for the 10th annual Spring Ring featuring the handbell and handchime choirs of Evangel Temple. Our children, youth, and adult ringers present a variety of music that includes original compositions and traditional hymns, jazzy arrangements, and classic pieces. The ringing begins at 4 pm in the Sanctuary.
- Have you considered becoming a member of ET? The church office conference room is the place to be, Wednesday evening April 29 from 6:00–8:00. This class covers the history of ET, the polity and governance of the church, as well as beliefs. This class is necessary for membership consideration. If you currently have membership at another A/G church, your process is slightly different. In any case, contact Pastor Jonathan (email@example.com) or call the church office 883-0676 to RSVP. Sign-up sheet at Resource Center.
- Workers needed to prepare Royal Family Kids Camp for our 32 Foster Kids! Please consider volunteering your time to work at the Heit's Point Campgrounds on Saturday, April 25. We work from 9am to 3 pm. Lunch will be served. The church van will leave from the ET Barn at 7 am & return by 5 pm. Sign-up sheet is at the Resource Center. Thank you!
Your Help is Needed
- In conjunction with ET, Global Initiative: Reaching Muslim Peoples needs your help! We would like to invite you (ages 15 and up) to participate in a focus group, so we can hear your opinions and questions about how to make a connection with Muslims (or if you should ever try). There are a limited number of openings available. If you are interested, please sign up at the Resource Center.
- Ladies, we had an incredible time with 32 of you at the Aviary enjoying good friends and good food this past Saturday. If you missed it, do not worry. We've got plenty more opportunities for you to connect with your friends and your church! We are taking a group from our church to Designed for Life Conference Oct 8-10. If you'd like to join us and receive the early bird group rate of $89, you must sign up at the Resource Center, RSVP through Facebook, or email Pastor Melia at melia@etchurch before April 26. Don't wait! The price increases significantly after the 26th.
Son Seekers 55+ Senior Adult Ministry
- Come and tour the beautiful Dogwood Canyon on May 15. Please arrive at the church at 11:20 am, we will have a quick picnic lunch and depart about 11:45. Cost for this trip is $25.00. Sign-up sheet is at the Resource Center.