May 24, 2015
The church office will be closed on Monday, May 25th in honor of Memorial Day - a federal holiday in the U.S. for remembering the people who died while serving in the Armed Forces.
Young Adults Ministry @ the Barn
- During The Barn's 10:30 worship gathering, Pastor Dan will conclude the series “The Spirit in the Resurrection Life.” Today’s sermon, “Pentecost as Protest,” discusses how the work of the Holy Spirit breaks down our walls of religiosity.
- Trying to figure out a way to have healthy discussions about Jesus with your non-Christian friends? Do you know people who have questions about Christianity for which you don’t know the answers? The Alpha Course will be a great opportunity for you to bring your friends to a judgment-free environment where they can ask questions and express their thoughts about religion, morality, and God. This 10-week course will meet during Mid-Week Live on Wednesdays at 6:30 PM in the Corner House and will be led by Shelli Gilbert. All are welcome to come. If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Dan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ET Youth Ministry
- Every Sunday morning, Bible study and small groups meet at 9 am in the Youth House.
- ET Youth has Wednesday night services from 6:30-8 at The Barn. During the month of May, we will be going through the series #WeSERVE as students train on serving.
- Youth Camp will be June 17-20. The cost of camp is $139. Registration forms and payment are due Sunday, June 7. Registration forms are available at and can be returned to the Resource Center.
- Serve Springfield will be May 31 – June 3. The cost is $30; registration forms can be found and returned with money to the Resource Center. We will be partnering with Victory Mission, Convoy of Hope, Rare Breed, Community Partnership,Least of These, Pregnancy Care Center, Camp Barnabas and The Kitchen.
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- Serving Time: 5:15—6:15 pm E.T. Fellowship Hall/$4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family)
- Dinner: BBQ Sandwiches, Chips, Potato Salad
- Dessert: Cookies and Brownies
ET Kids Ministry
- Our current series in Kids Church corresponds with the series that is being preached in the sanctuary. Families can watch the A.D. television show airing on NBC on Sunday nights at 8pm and discuss what they have been learning at church.
- Kids Camp will take place from July 27-31 and is for kids 8-12 years old. The cost is $147. Get more information in the Kids Check In area.
- Next Sunday is Family Sunday! Kids Church at 10:30 am is dismissed so kids can worship with their parents in the sanctuary.
Mid-week Bible Study
- Please join us for our mid‐week Bible study! Our current series is titled, Tough Questions and addresses difficult issues all Christians face. Tackling difficult questions head-on can increase our faith in God and His Word. Our group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm in room 203 and taught by Pastor David Wright.
Memorial Day Picnic
- Come One - Come All
- TODAY AT NOON –Pavillion and Corner House lawn
- Today is our first picnic of the season, and we hope you will join us after the second service.
- Meal prices: $4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family); $2 (College Students).
- Menu: Buckingham’s BBQ with Buns, Coleslaw, Baked Beans, Veggie Tray/Dip, Chips, Drinks, Cookies.
ROYAL FAMILY KIDS' WISH LIST
- If you are interested in your charitable donation going directly to a certain item for our campers, who are local foster children, please look over the WISH LIST located at the Resource Center. Make checks payable to: SOMO RFKC (Southern Missouri Royal Family Kids' Camp) & place in the drop box or offering plate.
- Next Sunday, May 31 in the mezzanine, before and after the 10:30 am service. This service is confidential and done by registered nurses.
Son Seekers 55+ Adult Ministry
- Proposed June Trip, College of the Ozarks, expense-lunch and Foster Museum $6.00 (for those interested). This is a Student guided tour. See sign-up sheet at the Resource Center.
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income $21,934
- Last week’s giving $18,359
- Budgeted Year to Date $438,680
- Giving Received $417,716