March 1, 2015
The month of March will be exciting as we launch the “Connect” Capital Campaign. For the past 18 months, “ET” has been looking at the possibility of building a new Family Life Outreach Center, which will include new rest rooms, new Children’s Church, new Adult classrooms, two new entrance foyers, hospitality center and so much more.
The good news is that it can be built adjoining our present sanctuary/educational facilities. Everyone will be asked to take part in this $3 million dollar project on Palm Sunday by making a three-year commitment. Please start praying now about how God may have you involved. This project is entirely in God’s hands and under HIS direction.
After almost 40 years of dreaming, we now look forward to “Connecting” the past to the future, and most of all hope for more lives to be committed to The Kingdom of God. Please do not miss our March Sunday sermon series.
Lost and Found
- Please stop by the table on the second floor of the Education Building to claim your lost or misplaced items. Children’s clothing, jackets, hats, Bibles, cups, glasses, etc. If you have lost a jewelry item, please check with the Resource Center volunteer.
- ET Men’s Ministries is hosting a “Rib Fest” on Tuesday March 17 from 7-9 p.m.at Rib Crib on Sunshine. For $12.99, you will get all-you-can-eat ribs and sides. Fathers, you are welcome to bring your son(s).
Young Adults Ministry @ the Barn
- Pastor Dan is concluding the series “And Lead Us Not into Temptation: Journeys through the Wilderness” in today’s worship gathering at 10:30. The sermon, based on Exodus 32, is titled, “Doubting God’s Faithfulness.”
- Join us on Wednesday as Shelli Gilbert concludes her series, “For the Love of Relationships.”
ET Kids Ministry
- Today we begin a new sermon series in Kids Church called "I Love My Church." This series corresponds with what the adults and youth will be focusing on during the month of March as we launch our capital campaign. Today kids will be introduced to the campaign and how they can do their part.
- The Easter Egg Hunt is the biggest outreach event that our church hosts, and YOU make it happen! Please donate candy (bins at the Resource Center and Coffee Bar), help stuff eggs (March 11, 18, and 25), and choose a position to serve on the day of the hunt (see table in the foyer).
ET Youth Ministry
- Every Sunday morning, Bible study and small groups meet at 9 a.m. in the Youth House.
- ET Youth has service every Wednesday from 6:30–8:00 p.m. in the Barn. During the month of February, students will train on being a gospel-centered community with the series #WeConnect.
Mid-week Bible Study
- Please join us for our mid-week Bible study and go deeper into God’s Word. We explore the Bible and will journey through various passages this year. Our current series will take you through Christ’s Sermon on the Mount. Our group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in room 203 and taught by Pastor David Wright.
2015 (Budget to be approved)
- Budgeted weekly income: $21,934
- Last week’s giving: $15,101
- Budgeted Year to Date: $175,472
- Giving Received: $157,838
Assisted listening devices are available for your use. Please see an usher or door greeter.
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- Serving Time: 5:15-6:15 p.m. E.T. Fellowship Hall/$4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family)
- Dinner: Stroganoff, Green Beans, Salad
- Dessert: Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Just a Reminder
- Daylight Savings Time begins Saturday, March 7, 2015. (move clocks forward one hour Saturday evening)
Pizza with the Pastors
- Are you new to ET? Do you desire to get to know more people, find out about opportunities to be plugged in to the life of ET, and do you have questions about who does what around here? If you answered "Yes," how does a pizza luncheon with a bunch of great people on staff sound? On March 15, at 12:00 in the Fellowship Hall, newbies to ET have an opportunity to ask the staff some questions, meet other newbies, and find out about opportunities to get plugged into the life of our church. We promise to have things wrapped up by 2:00. If interested RSVP to the office, Pastor Jonathan, or the sign-up sheet at the resource center.
- We are in need of a couple/individual to prepare Communion on a monthly basis; we also need two cashiers to help with the third Wednesday night meal every month. If you are interested, please contact the church office.
- We are looking for men to lead a new breed of church softball. The Spring/Summer league kicks off on April 6; the deadline to register is March 20. We plan to have 3-4 practices prior to the first game. If you like playing in the dirt, we’ve got space for you. If you like playing in the grass, we need you too. If you are interested in participating in any of the above please contact Ben McBride (417-209-5873 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Not serving anywhere in the church?
- We can fix that! Our incredible Nursery ministry is currently looking for four bi-weekly volunteers to serve during either the 9 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. service, and our awesome Preschool ministry is looking for one bi-weekly volunteer to serve during the 9 a.m. service, and one bi-weekly volunteer to serve during the 10:30 a.m. service. Don't miss out on this opportunity to pour into the next generation! Contact Amy Sutton or Melia Jesch.
Autos in April 5K Walk/Run
- The 5K will support Southern Missouri (Evangel Temple) Royal Family Kids (a camp for abused children). If you know of a business that would like to be a sponsor for the 5K, please contact email@example.com or call the church office.