March 2, 2014
Church has been canceled due to weather and severe road conditions.
50th Birthday Year of Evangel Temple!!
ET Kids Ministry
• We've begun a new series! We will be preaching through the book of Colossians for the next 8 weeks.
• Kids Camp Applications are ready for you to pick up at the kids check in area. Kids Camp is for kids ages 8-12, and will take place from July 14-18. The cost of camp is expensive for many families, especially if they are sending multiple kids. But it is truly an event of spiritual significance, and we want to do everything we can to let every child go who wants to. Please consider sponsoring a child. The full cost is $147 per child, but any amount helps. Please mark your tithe envelope "Kids Camp Scholarship". Thank you!
Connect Youth Ministry
For more info: http://Connectym.blogspot.com
• Connect is in need of adult leaders. If you, or someone you know is interested in youth ministry, please contact Pastor Christopher Orr at email@example.com
• Connect has started using an app called GroupMe to send out occasional informational texts to parents of upcoming events. If you would like to receive these texts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wednesday Connect service meets from 6:15-8pm in the Barn.
20Twenty Young Adult Ministry
• Mid-Week LIFE! Meets in the Corner House 7-8:30pm and will be facilitated by Matt Bell.
Registration is now open for our Legacy Milestones Parent Summit happening on March 29th, 9am-2pm! This event is for all parents and grandparents who are serious about discipling their kids from birth all the way until they graduate high school (and beyond!). Information flyers and registration forms can be found at the Resource Center.
Please stop by the Resource Center to pick up your numbered tithe envelopes!
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
Serving Time: 5:15 - 6:15pm ET Fellowship Hall
$4-adult, $2-children, $12 or $15 per family
Dinner: baked potato bar, salad Dessert: jell-o pretzel dessert
Wednesday Adult Bible Study
6:30pm in room 203 - Join us as we encounter Christ's message in Revelation 2 and 3. Our current series, Seven explores the seven churches in Asia to whom John wrote.
The Society for Pentecostal Studies
You are invited to a reception honoring Dr. Ben Aker on Thursday, March 6, at 7pm in the opening plenary session at the Evangel University chapel. A book “But These are Written…” Essays on Johannine Literature in honor of Professor Benny C. Aker has been written by numerous authors, some of whom will be in attendance, including Dr. Robert Berg.
We Need Your Help!
If you have old photos pertaining to ET, please allow us to scan them. If you would drop them by the office with a brief explanation of year and identity of photo. Thank you for helping us celebrate 50 years!
March 9 - Daylight Saving Time begins (move clocks forward one hour Saturday evening)
March 18 - Men's Ministry event
March 21 - Son Seekers lunch, location to be determined.
March 27 - Young Adult Broomball at Ice Park, 8-10pm
March 28 - RFKC movie showing of CAMP at ET, 7-9pm, donations accepted
March 29 - Legacy Milestones Parent Summit
March 30 - Family Emphasis Service, at 9am
April 5 - All-church work day
April 18-20 - Easter weekend activities
April 26 - 5K and Autos in April
LOST & FOUND
Please stop by the table on the second floor of the Education Building to claim your lost or misplaced items. Children's clothing, Bibles, Royal Ranger and Girls Ministries student books, etc. If you have lost a jewelry item, car keys, or medication, please check with the Resource Center volunteer.