January 18, 2015
Son Seekers 55+ Sr. Adult Ministry
- Join us today for our Taco Bar Luncheon following the second service. We end the meal with something sweet. It is a great time of fellowship and an opportunity to share ideas for the 2015 year activities. Bring a friend!
Young Adults Ministry @ the Barn
- Join us in The Barn at 10:30 for the worship gathering. Today, Rev. Sarah Bocik will continue the Imago Dei series, where we will continue to explore what it means to be created in the image of God.
- This week, we will not meet for Mid-Week Live. All are encouraged to attend the Roman Catholic Pentecostal Dialogue Service at Holy Trinity Parish.
ET Kids Ministry
- We continue in Kids Church with our current series entitled "Life’s Not Fair." Today's sermon is "Reward – As a Christian, My Greatest Reward is Jesus." The kids have earned a “cozy morning” in Kids Church, so that explains all the kids running around in their pajamas today.
- The annual Girls Ministries Sleepover will be from 6 p.m. on January 30 to 9 a.m. on January 31st at the church. This event is for girls in Prims - Girls Only (1st grade – high school). Girls in Kindergarten may attend but must be picked up by their parents at 9 p.m. on Friday night. The theme this year is "A Night in Paris."
Connect Youth Ministry
- A time of fellowship and Bible study is held every Sunday at 9 a.m. in the Brick House.
- District Fine Arts will be on Saturday, February 28, at Evangel University. Registration is due on Sunday, February 1. If you would like more information, email Pastor Christopher.
Mid-week Bible Study
- Join us for our mid-week Bible study and go deeper into God’s Word. We will explore the Bible and journey through various passages this year. Our current series will take you through Christ’s Sermon on the Mount. Our group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30pm in room 203 and is taught by David Wright.
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- Serving Time: 5:15—6:15 p.m. E.T. Fellowship Hall/$4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family)
- Dinner: BBQ Sandwiches, Baked Beans, Salad
- Dessert: Lemon Lush
RFK CAMP INFORMATIONAL LUNCHEON MEETING
- Sunday, January 25, 12 to 2 p.m., in the Fellowship Hall, there will be a luncheon meeting for those interested in volunteering at ET's June 21-26, Royal Family Kids' Camp. This camp is for Greene County abused/neglected/abandoned children placed in foster care. Applications to volunteer as a counselor or staff will be made available during the lunch and online. Please sign up at the ET Resource Center or the ET Barn.
New Year - New Opportunities to Serve
- You can have too many cooks in the kitchen, but you can NEVER have too many servants in the church! As you plan your year, please pray about how God would use you in Evangel Temple. Whether it be loving on young ones in our growing Children's and Youth Ministry, hanging out with young adults at The Barn, singing on the worship team, or greeting everyone as they walk in the door on Sunday mornings, there's a place for YOU. Contact a staff pastor or call the church office to get plugged in.
Handbell & Chime Choirs
- Ring in the Spring with one of the handbell or chime choirs. Kidz Chimez (2nd-5th grade) meets each Wednesday at 5:45 p.m. in Room 205. Temple Bronze (6th-12th grade) meets each Wednesday at 5:45 p.m. in the mezzanine. Concert Bells (teens & adults) meets each Wednesday at 8 p.m. in the mezzanine. Come ring with us.
Annual Business Meeting
- Sunday, February 15, 2015, at 2 p.m. All members are expected to attend this very important meeting.
Numbered Tithe Envelopes
- Please stop by to pick up your envelopes. If you no longer wish to use these, please let the Resource Center volunteer know or call the church office. If you do not have a set of envelopes, but would like to, please call the church office. 883-0676.
- Evangel Temple is currently seeking an individual interested in working part-time in the custodial area of the church. This job is 20+ hours per week, working Monday – Friday. Flexibility with hours/time is helpful. If interested, please e-mail Pastor Vance at email@example.com or call the church office.
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income $21,934
- Last week’s giving $12,546
- Budgeted Year to Date $43,868
- Giving Received $32,578