August 31, 2014
Young Adults Ministry @ The Barn
- Join us at 10:30 in The Barn for this morning’s worship gathering. Pastor Dan will be preaching the third of his 3-week sermon series called “People of the Presence.” Today’s sermon is, “God’s Presence: Our Destiny.” Hear how God has always wanted us to experience His presence.
- Meet Wednesday evening in the Corner House from 6:30-8 p.m. for Mid-Week Live where we will have a time of worship and discussion.
- The annual welcome back luau will be this Friday, September 5, from 7-10 p.m. Contact Sarah Bocik if you are willing to help. Check out our website (etbarn.org) for more details.
ET Kids Ministry
- Today is FAMILY SUNDAY! There will be no Kids Church for K-5th grade during the 10:30 a.m. service. This will allow a time for the parents to worship with their older children in the sanctuary during the contemporary service. Communion will be served. (Nursery and preschool ministries are scheduled as usual.)
- Next week, Pastor Melia begins an 8-week sermon series in Kids Church entitled, "Ready or not . . . here He comes!” This series will discuss Old Testament stories that foreshadow the coming of Christ.
- We are looking for a Rainbows sponsor on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8 p.m. working with our 3-4 years olds. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Connect Youth Ministry
- Burgerpalooza was a huge success as 24 guests came to Connect for the first time. Thank you for your prayers and support!
- Connect continues their "I Doubt It" series this week as Pastor Christopher will be preaching on "Why Do Bad Things Happen?"
- CALLING ALL PARENTS OF YOUTH—Make plans to attend the Connect Parent Summit next Sunday, September 7, immediately following the second service. Lunch will be provided for your ENTIRE family. All of your children are welcome to attend the meeting with you. If you are a parent, come out and hear the vision of Connect Youth Ministries for the upcoming year. A time of Q & A will be provided, also, where your questions and input is desired.
- A youth Laser Tag event will be on Saturday, September 20. We will depart from The Barn at 1 p.m. and return to The Barn at 6 p.m. Cost of the event is $5
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income: $22,119
- Last week’s giving: $24,570
- Budget year to date: $752,046
- Giving received YTD: $661,302
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- Serving Time: 5:15—6:15 p.m. ET Fellowship Hall
- $4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family)
- Dinner: Sandwiches, Chips
- Dessert: Ice Cream
TODAY - All-Church Labor Day Picnic
- Everyone is invited to attend today’s picnic immediately following the second service. Light for the Lost will be preparing smoked meats on-site, and all proceeds benefit this valuable ministry. Meet and gather together at the Pavilion and Corner House lawn. Meal prices: $4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family); $2 (College Students).
- Due to the Labor Day holiday, the church office will be closed September 1.
Ladies Of All Ages
- September 12 is our biggest event of the year! This is an opportunity for you to come together with your sisters in Christ for an evening of encouragement, fellowship, and good food. We'll meet at 6 p.m. at the Ramada Oasis Convention Center (2546 N. Glenstone Avenue) for a nice plated dinner. You need to sign up in the foyer or the Resource Center to let us know which meal you would like. The cost is $10. For your convenience, you may pay the evening of the event.
Small Group Ministry
- On September 15, 2014, we will be launching our small group ministry. The pastoral staff believe that as we grow larger on Sundays we want to get “smaller” during the week. The purpose and mission of ET's small group ministry is connecting people to a growing relationship with Jesus. At this time we are looking for small group leaders for groups ranging in size from 3-12 people. Small group leaders will receive training this Saturday, September 6, 2014, at 10 a.m. in the Corner House. If interested, please contact Pastor Jonathan at email@example.com or by calling 883-0676 for more details.
Mid-week Bible Study
- David Wright has returned from his 5-week chaplaincy training at WestPoint, and we welcome him back. Although his chaplaincy duties will require him to be gone for a few short days this week, he will return on September 10 to continue with the mid-week Bible study series entitled, “Finding Pleasure in God.” Spiritual activities can bring the Christian believer a tremendous amount of enjoyment. Live life fascinated and fulfilled. Our group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in room 203. There will be a Bible study this Wednesday.
Come ring with us!
- The new handbell season begins Wednesday, September 3, with all our groups rehearsing. Kidz Chimez meets each Wednesday 5:45-6:20 in Room 204 for kids in grades 2 -5; no music experience required. Temple Bronze meets each Wednesday 5:46-6:25 in the mezzanine for students in grades 6-12; music reading skills helpful. Concert Bells will meet this Wednesday at 7:30 in the mezzanine; membership is open to teens and adults who have basic music reading skills. If you’re looking for a real hands-on ministry, this could be your place!
Embassy of Hope Scholarships Needed
- Would you consider sponsoring a lady from our inner-city campus, Embassy of Hope, to help her attend the first-ever Embassy of Hope ladies’ retreat? The cost is only $25 per lady; however, several of the ladies are not able to afford this amount. The theme is: Renew & Restore—To Make Stronger Than Before. It is our prayer that our ladies will grow in Jesus through the ministry of this retreat. If interested in helping, please make your check out to Evangel Temple and place “Embassy of Hope Ladies Retreat Scholarship” in the memo of your check. If you have any questions, please contact David or Elaine Sims at 417-773-4103 or through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.