August 24, 2014
Young Adults Ministry @ The Barn
- Join us at 10:30 for this morning’s worship gathering in The Barn. Pastor Dan will be preaching the second of a 3-week sermon series called 'People of the Presence.' Today’s sermon, 'When God’s Presence becomes Common,' will focus on II Samuel 6 and explore the dangers of irreverence toward God's presence
- Meet Wednesday evening in the Corner House from 6:30-8 p.m. for Mid-Week Live where we will have a meal and discussion. Please RSVP by signing up in the lobby.
- Sample Springfield at Missouri State University is Wednesday, August 27. The event will be 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Come help invite students to worship with us.
- The annual welcome back luau will be Friday, September 5, from 7-10 p.m. More news coming next week regarding luau contests! Stay tuned . . .
ET Kids Ministry
- Today Pastor Melia finishes the 2-week series on Faith and Science with 'How to be a witness of the truth.'
- Join in tonight for the Royal Rangers Council of Achievement Ceremony. Come to The Barn at 6 p.m. and support our young men who have worked hard this past year on their various achievements.
- August 31 is a FAMILY SUNDAY! Parents, at 10:30 a.m. there will be no Kids Church for K-5th grade so that your older kids can worship with you in the sanctuary during the contemporary service. Communion will be served. (Nursery and preschool ministries are scheduled as usual.)
- We are looking for a Rainbows sponsor on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8 p.m. working with our 3-4 years olds. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Connect Youth Ministry
- TODAY AFTER SECOND SERVICE: Make plans to attend the Connect Parent Summit immediately following the second service from 12:15-1:15 p.m. in the upstairs foyer. No meal will be served. Your kids are encouraged to go to the youth house during this 1-hour timeslot. Youth leaders will be on-site to provide supervision. If you are a parent, come out and hear the vision of Connect Youth Ministries for the upcoming year. A time of Q & A will be provided, also, where your questions and input is desired.
- This upcoming Wednesday, August 27, Pastor Christopher will begin his 5-week 'I Doubt It' series. The first sermon is entitled, 'Is Doubting Okay?'
General Fund Update
- Budgeted weekly income $ 22,119
- Last week’s giving $ 22,603
- Budget year to date $729,927
- Giving received YTD $636,732
Wednesday Evening Fellowship Meal
- Serving Time: 5:15 - 6:15 p.m. ET Fellowship Hall
- $4-adult, $2-children, $12 per family
- Dinner: Stroganoff, Green Beans, Salad
- Dessert: Cake
All-Church Labor Day Picnic
- Mark your calendar for our third picnic of the season to be held next weekend on August 31. Everyone is invited to attend, and it will immediately follow the second service. Light for the Lost will be preparing smoked meats on-site, and all proceeds benefit this valuable ministry. Meet and gather together at the Pavilion and Corner House lawn. Meal prices: $4 (Adults); $2 (Children); $12 (Family); $2 (College Students).
Ladies Of All Ages
- September 12 is our biggest event of the year! This is an opportunity for you to come together with your sisters in Christ for an evening of encouragement, fellowship, and good food. We'll meet at 6 p.m. at the Ramada Oasis Convention Center (2546 N. Glenstone Avenue) for a nice plated dinner. You need to sign up in the foyer or the Resource Center to let us know which meal you would like. The cost is $10. For your convenience, you may pay the evening of the event.
Calling All Volunteers
- We are needing several volunteers in the following three areas: 1) Resource Center on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evenings. You only need to commit to one service per month. 2) Ushers for either the first or second service. 3) Greeters for either service. If you are willing to help, please contact Vance at email@example.com, or call the church at 883.0676.
Small Group Ministry
- On September 15, 2014, we will be launching our small group ministry. The pastoral staff believe that as we grow larger on Sundays we want to get 'smaller' during the week. The purpose and mission of ET's small group ministry is connecting people to a growing relationship with Jesus. At this time we are looking for small group leaders for groups ranging in size from 3-12 people. Small group leaders will receive training on September 6, 2014, at 10 a.m. in the Corner House. If interested, please contact Pastor Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 883-0676 for more details.
Mid-week Bible Study
- Join us for our current mid-week Bible study series entitled, 'Finding Pleasure in God.' Spiritual activities can bring the Christian believer a tremendous amount of enjoyment. Live life fascinated and fulfilled. Our group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in room 203.
Evangel Temple’s 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Plans are well under way for our October 12, 2014, (the weekend of Evangel University’s homecoming) celebration commemorating the 50th Anniversary of E.T. David Rees-Thomas will be returning to Springfield to speak in both morning services. Several other exciting events are being planned for the day. Please share this news with your friends and family. Help us get the word out to all those who have attended E.T. through the years, as this will be a wonderful day of celebration together as an E.T. family, both past and present.
Prayer/Praises of E.T. Family & Friends
- The men of E.T., led by Dan Rockafellow, meet every Tuesday, 6:30 a.m. in the Corner House. The ladies, led by Debbie Moses, meet at 9:30 a.m. in room 206 on Tuesdays. During those times, prayer requests from the E.T. congregation are made. The ladies regularly have a devotion or study before prayer time each week. Joyce Lee will be teaching the month of September from the book The Power of a Praying Woman. Please call the church office or complete a prayer card from the pews when you have a praise or request. A weekly updated list will be made available to both the Tuesday men & women's groups & to the E.T. office. If you are interested in receiving the updated list every Monday via e-mail, please send your e-mail address to email@example.com.